Intended learning outcomes
- Further develop and apply critically reflective, evidence-informed approaches to adolescent health and welfare practice, program development and policy analysis;
- Analyse and critically evaluate contemporary theories of adolescence and adolescent development (including historical and cultural contexts), to enhance own practice in working with young people, families, communities and agencies;
- identify national and international adolescent health issues and trends and relate these to the broader socio-environmental contexts impacting on the health and wellbeing of young people;
- identify the principles associated with 'micro' and 'macro' approaches to practice and use these to develop enhanced prevention and intervention strategies when working with young people, families, communities and agencies;
- analyse, evaluate and apply ecological models of resiliency, risk and protection in adolescent health;
- engage young people, families and other professionals in the development and implementation of strategies to promote adolescent health and wellbeing;
- Demonstrate a commitment to critical enquiry and evidence-based practice so as to maintain currency with contemporary debates and continuously inform practice;
- Analyse and reflect on national and international adolescent health issues and trends as they relate to particular communities and professional practice settings;
- Further develop and apply principles associated with 'micro' and 'macro' approaches to practice in adolescent health and welfare;
- Plan, implement and evaluate effective prevention, early intervention and intervention strategies relevant to work with young people.
In addition to the objectives outlined above, the Master of Adolescent Health & Welfare is designed to enable students to:
- Further develop and apply holistic, evidence informed approaches to practice with young people in a cross-sectoral and interdisciplinary context;
- Develop the ability to design and undertake advanced research at a postgraduate level;
- Prepare an adolescent health minor thesis that contributes to our understanding of young peoples health and wellbeing.
Last updated: 24 September 2021