About this course
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
• an appropriate four year degree in Education or equivalent; or
• a Postgraduate Diploma in the field of Education; and
• at least two years of documented relevant professional experience.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
prior academic performance; and
the professional experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 7 is required.Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
The Faculty of Education welcomes applications from students with disabilities. It is University and Faculty policy to take reasonable steps to enable the participation of students with disabilities, and reasonable adjustments will be made to enhance a student’s participation in the Faculty’s programs.
The core participation requirements for study in the Faculty of Education are:
In all courses
The ability to comprehend complex information related to education and the disciplines in which the student is teaching.
The ability to communicate clearly and independently in assessment tasks a knowledge of the content, principles and practices relating to education and other relevant disciplines.
Behavioural and social attributes that enable a student to participate in a complex learning environment. Students are required to take responsibility for their own participation and learning. They also contribute to the learning of other students in collaborative learning environments, demonstrating interpersonal skills and an understanding of the needs of other students. Assessment may include the outcomes of tasks completed in collaboration with other students.
Students who feel a disability will prevent them from meeting the above academic requirements are encouraged to contact Student Equity and Disability Support: https://students.unimelb.edu.au/student-support/student-equity-and-disability-support.
Last updated: 10 February 2024