About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Subject options
It is expected that graduates of the Master of Property will have completed the academic requirements for membership of:
- Australian Property Institute (API)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Intended learning outcomes
The Master of Property aims to:
- Engage with specialist topics within a multi-disciplined field of endeavour;
- Extend the knowledge gained in prior learning and experience into a deeper understanding of the professions in property;
- Provide cutting-edge technical and managerial expertise;
- Inform students about the current major research and theoretical aspects of the discipline;
- Teach students to apply theory to the property; and
- Provide an appropriate advanced program to enable study in a research higher degree.
- Graduates of Master of Property will have knowledge and understanding of full range of direct and indirect property activities (development, investment, finance, valuation, management of properties and practices) nationally and internationally.
- Graduates will have sound knowledge of recent developments in property discipline and areas of professional practice.
- Graduates will have knowledge of research principles and methods as applicable to property professional practice as well as for new knowledge creation.
- Graduates will have skills to demonstrate mastery in inspection, measurement of land and property, analysing development feasibility, valuation, property portfolio management and market analysis.
- Graduates will have sound professional communication, negotiation, data management and software skills.
- Graduates will have research skills to generate and evaluate complex ideas related to the discipline.
- Graduates will have research and communication skills to justify and interpret property related propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Graduates will demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills to various property activities from the direct to the indirect, and from the national to the international through planning and execution of research project or a capstone.