Recommended texts and other resources
- Anthony Radford, Selen Morkoc and Armit Srivestava. 2014. The Elements of Modern Architecture: understanding contemporary buildings. London: Thames & Hudson.
- Simon Unwin. 2010. Twenty Buildings Every Architect Should Understand. New York: Routledge.
- Mark Garcia, ed. 2010. The Diagrams of Architecture. Chichester, UK: Wiley.
- Andrea Simitch and Val Warke. 2014. The Language of Architecture: 26 principles every architect should know. Beverly, Massachusetts: Rockport.
- Gaston Bachelard. 1958, 1964 trans. The Poetics of Space. New York: The Orion Press.
- Bruce Chatwin. 1987. The Songlines. London: Jonathon Cape.
- Related Handbook entries
This subject contributes to the following:
Type Name Major Landscape Architecture major Major Urban Design and Planning major Major Architecture major Informal specialisation Environments Discipline subjects Informal specialisation Non-allowed Breadth Subjects within the Bachelor of Design - relating to specific majors Breadth Track Architecture
- Breadth options
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
- Available to Study Abroad and/or Study Exchange Students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from eligible overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad. Students are required to satisfy any listed requirements, such as pre- and co-requisites, for enrolment in the subject.
Last updated: 15 May 2020