|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
The focus of this studio will be on the production of a design for an urban open space. It will introduce a range of precedents, principles, and practices for urban landscape design.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject the student is expected to:
- Develop a basic understanding of urban and landscape design theory;
- Develop creative responses to land planning and design problems in city and suburban areas;
- Develop representational skills for urban landscape design;
- Develop a basic understanding of policy for urban regions and its implications.
Students will be expected to extend their:
• Critical and spatial thinking;
• Spatial analysis and design;
• Ability to represent analysis and design concepts graphically and textually;
• Oral presentation skills.
• Team work skills.