|Year of offer||2018|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Topics covered include:
Commercial property as an investment asset class in Australia; Property joint ventures, partnerships, trusts, funds and companies; Listed and unlisted REITs; Valuation and pricing of listed and unlisted property securities; Equity and debt financing; Taxation of property investment vehicles, including stapled entities; Property funds management; Recent trends in property investment products.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this course, students should:
- Understand the legal and financial structure of various property ownership entities and regulatory requirements applicable to each;
- Have some knowledge of the tax implications of indirect property ownership;
- Be able to apply appropriate methods to the pricing of listed and unlisted property securities;
- Appreciate the various roles within the property funds management sector; and
- Understand emerging issues in listed and unlisted property investments.
Assessment involves development of proficiency in written and oral presentation, research ability and related skills.
Students should have improved advanced generic skills as follows:
- Skills and techniques available to the discipline;
- Problems solving approaches;
- Research methodologies;
- Computer and information technologies;
- Professional competences;
- Oral, written and other presentation skills;
- Participation in projects that require teamwork.