|Year of offer||2017|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
A series of case studies conducted in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo and Singapore over four intensive weeks. The fieldwork will be conducted by the University of Hong Kong. Case studies are to be carried out in groups. They will cover a range of property and construction topics including project inception, project finance, project valuation and appraisal, development appraisal, urban planning policies and permits, project procurement and delivery, construction planning and management, construction technology and services, construction methods and equipment, construction and leasing contracts, and associated legal matters.
Students are required to arrange and pay for their own travel, accommodation and incidentals.
Note: This subject includes a pre-teaching period. During the pre-teaching period students are expected to complete the course readings, review the lectures and any other course preparation as outlined on the LMS. The LMS will become available at the commencement of the pre-teaching dates.
- To provide an international perspective in property and construction
- To observe and record industry operations in several Asian countries
- To enable international comparisons of property and construction markets
- To understand alternative cultural drivers of the property and construction industries
- Case study work in teams
- Written professional reports
- Oral presentations
- International experience