Semester 1 (Early-Start)
Semester 2 (Early-Start)
|Fees||Look up fees|
This studio emphasises how successful architectural designs express ideas based in well-grounded, critical thinking, and on values manifest in visions of desired futures. Through design projects and analysis of seminal works, students will develop both design ideas for projects and architectural expressions of those ideas. Autonomous studio options will cover a range of project types including housing, public institutions and urban design, taught with an emphasis on architecture as idea, materiality or program.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Successfully create and resolve the design of a building of medium complexity
- Evaluate results of their work in relation to the environmental and social context and their chosen intellectual traditions
- Communicate a complex design vision in a clear and professional manner.
- An understanding of ethical responses to issues.
- Identification of emerging trends in practice.
- Visual and oral presentation techniques.
- Three-dimensional representation.
- Critical thinking and analysis.
- Capacity for independent thought and reflection.
- Creative response to complex problems.
Last updated: 26 March 2020