|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject focuses on impacts of digital technologies on professional practice and services. It explores issues such as emerging forms of professional practice, status of professional knowledge and skills, use and value of digital information in design, and digital fabrication and assembly of contemporary buildings. The subject involves guest lectures by practicing designers and case studies of real projects.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the subject students should have developed:
- knowledge of how digital technology is used in architectural practice;
- Critical awareness of the impact of digital technology on architectural practice.
- Understanding and critical appreciation of the appropriate use of specific digital technologies for specific architectural project
On completion of the subject students should have developed the following:
- Critical evaluation of policies and practices;
- Skills in seeking, evaluating and retrieving information;
- Comprehension of complex concepts and the ability to express them lucidly in writing;
- Identification of emergent trends in practice.