|Year of offer||2018|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This studio follows a multi-objective approach in exploring the interrelation between site and design in landscape architectural practice. Site exploration and conceptual design aspects of site transformation are introduced, alongside 3D representation techniques.
Emphasis will be given to a process-based approach in the idea generation to formulate creative, integrative and cohesive design responses to a set design brief.
Intended learning outcomes
- Critical and Analytical thinking: To critically interrogate landscape sites and precedents and apply landscape theories and practices in design thinking
- Design process: To understand and apply a range of processes and techniques for exploring sites and generating multiple design outcomes
- Communication: To effectively represent and communicate design ideas in 3D with special focus on digital media
- Evaluation: To test and critically evaluate design outcomes and formulate a final design response
- Lateral and critical thinking through design experiments and making
- Leadership and effective teamwork organisation