Dates & times
- Semester 1
Principal coordinator David O'Brien Mode of delivery On Campus (Parkville) Contact hours Up to 60 hours including field works Total time commitment 170 hours Teaching period 26 February 2024 to 26 May 2024 Last self-enrol date 8 March 2024 Census date 3 April 2024 Last date to withdraw without fail 3 May 2024 Assessment period ends 21 June 2024
Semester 1 contact information
Time commitment details
What do these dates mean
Visit this webpage to find out about these key dates, including how they impact on:
- Your tuition fees, academic transcript and statements.
- And for Commonwealth Supported students, your:
- Student Learning Entitlement. This applies to all students enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP).
- Completion rate. Students who started their course from 2022 and are in a CSP or receiving a HELP Loan (eg FEE-HELP) must meet the completion rate to continue to receive Commonwealth Support for that course.
Subjects withdrawn after the census date (including up to the ‘last day to withdraw without fail’) count toward the Student Learning Entitlement, and as a fail toward the completion rate, unless there are approved ‘special circumstances’.
Additional delivery details
Week 5 of semester is conducted at the University of Melbourne Dookie campus (2.5 hours from Melbourne).
- Food and drink is at the student’s own expense.
- Students will need to purchase safety boots, safety glasses, hard hat and ear muffs before the start of semester. Approximate cost $150. Enrolled students will be notified about travel arrangements, accommodation, food and other information including safety requirements prior to the start of semester.
- Safety boots, safety glasses and ear muffs are required for workshop activities in this subject (to be provided by the student).
Last updated: 13 November 2023