Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Semester 2 - Dual-Delivery
|Fees||Look up fees|
Students enrolled in this subject will partner with a host organization to complete an industry-based research project. Firms may be based in the commercial property development, investment, valuation, management and consultancy fields. Students will be supervised by the Subject Coordinator in collaboration with a designated party at the host organisation. Students will work on a research topic chosen by the host organization and will spend no more than 12 days working at the host organization over the course of the subject. Work will be limited to that needed to complete the research project. The Industry-Based Research Project will enable students to extend and apply the knowledge acquired through the Master of Property coursework subjects, will provide students with a valuable professional experience, and will extend their professional networks. This project can be taken to fulfil the research requirement of the Master’s in Property and may replace ABPL90362 Research Thesis – Property
Intended learning outcomes
- Design, implement and produce a practice based research thesis in a scholarly manner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of research management skills in an industry setting.
- Demonstrate the capacity to think originally and independently within the chosen area of research.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply relevant research methodologies rigorously and appropriately.
Students will acquire a specific set of skills related to completing a research/problem solving task in a professional environment. Specific skills include:
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) appropriate to professional contexts;
- Ability to apply broad theoretical and cross-disciplinary knowledge about heritage to a specific case-study or project;
- Project management skills, including scoping projects, developing timelines and meeting deadlines;
- Research and critical thinking as applied to a professional context;
- Interpersonal skills, including the capacity to work effectively in a professional setting, and with a professional team.
Last updated: 8 May 2021