To learn more, visit 2023 Course and subject delivery.
Dates & times
- Semester 1
Principal coordinator Andrew Rosser Mode of delivery On Campus (Parkville) Contact hours Total time commitment 340 hours Teaching period 27 February 2023 to 28 May 2023 Last self-enrol date 10 March 2023 Census date 31 March 2023 Last date to withdraw without fail 5 May 2023 Assessment period ends 23 June 2023
Semester 1 contact information
- Semester 2
Coordinator Andrew Rosser Mode of delivery On Campus (Parkville) Contact hours Refer to ASIA40004 Asian Studies Thesis Part 1 for details. Total time commitment 340 hours Teaching period 24 July 2023 to 22 October 2023 Last self-enrol date 4 August 2023 Census date 31 August 2023 Last date to withdraw without fail 22 September 2023 Assessment period ends 17 November 2023
Semester 2 contact information
Time commitment details
Refer to ASIA40004 Asian Studies Thesis Part 1 for details.
What do these dates mean
Visit this webpage to find out about these key dates, including how they impact on:
- Your tuition fees, academic transcript and statements.
- And for Commonwealth Supported students, your:
- Student Learning Entitlement. This applies to all students enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP).
- Completion rate. Students who started their course from 2022 and are in a CSP or receiving a HELP Loan (eg FEE-HELP) must meet the completion rate to continue to receive Commonwealth Support for that course.
Subjects withdrawn after the census date (including up to the ‘last day to withdraw without fail’) count toward the Student Learning Entitlement, and as a fail toward the completion rate, unless there are approved ‘special circumstances’.
Additional delivery details
This is part of a 50 point thesis subject, continuing over two consecutive study periods.
Students are required to enrol in:
- ASIA40004 Asian Studies Thesis Part 1 (25 points) and
- ASIA40005 Asian Studies Thesis Part 2 (25 points), consecutively.
Students will receive a ‘CNT’ grade in the part 1 and results will be entered if and when both part 1 and 2 are completed.
For full information on the subject, please refer to the page for Part 1: ASIA40004 Asian Studies Thesis Part 1.
Last updated: 24 January 2023