|Fees||Look up fees|
The aim of the subject is to explore the basic dynamical principles governing flow in a rotating frame of reference (the Earth's frame of reference), and to use these principles to understand the large-scale dynamics of the atmosphere.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain the relationship between the equations describing the general circulation and observed phenomena;
- understand advanced techniques of analysis and theories of the maintenance of the general circulation.
- Exercise critical judgement;
- undertake rigorous and independent thinking;
- adopt a problem-solving approach to new and unfamiliar tasks;
- develop high-level written report and/or oral presentation skills.
Last updated: 10 November 2019