|Year of offer||2017|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Mode of delivery|
On Campus — Parkville
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
An individual program of supervised research in which the student, in consultation with the supervisor, designs, conducts and reports on the outcomes of a specific project. Detailed requirements are negotiated with the supervisor.
To provide students with opportunities to gain experience in the design, conduct, management and reporting of research projects.
Students are expected to develop skills in:
- locating and synthesising information available in scientific and other literature in order to establish the need and scope of the research project;
- creative problem solving by devising the methodological approaches to address the research question;
- time management;
- collection and analysis of data;
- communication of research results in oral and written form, requiring critical analysis, synthesis and organisation of knowledge and construction of a rational and lucid scientific argument;
- understanding potential ethical issues associated with research