|Year of offer||2018|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 1|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This is a multimedia subject, which will examine contemporary Chinese literature and film, focusing on major developments in the post-1978 era. The subject introduces students to current uses of the Chinese language through the study of contemporary film and literature. Students should enhance their reading and listening skills through experiencing colloquial and regional language use and also widen their ability to read scholarly language by perusing samples of textual and cinematic criticism.
Intended learning outcomes
- acquire skills to understand social and cultural context.
- acquire skills to enhance listening and reading skills in a foreign language.
- be able to communicate knowledge in writing intelligibly.
- acquire public speaking skills through tutorial and seminar discussion and class presentations.
- acquire written communication skills through essay writing and seminar discussion.
- acquire time management and planning skills through managing and organising workloads for recommended reading, essay and assignment completion.
- show attention to detail through essay preparation and writing.