|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject involves students learning the integrated process between design and construction by developing a proposal for a design & build project. An objective of the project is to help students explore the close relationship between design, constructability and construction. Students will develop a simplified design for an infrastructure project that includes a range of civil works such as earthworks, foundations, drainage, on-site concrete construction and cranage, and then propose solutions for construction that may require iteration of the design. The proposed solution would also address OH&S, environmental, and social sustainability issues inherent in areas such waste minimisation, noise and dust control in an project environmental maagement plan.
Intended learning outcomes
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of this subject the students is expected to:
- Integrate knowledge from engineering management and technical subjects into the planning of the construction process
- Apply the principles of economic, social and environmental sustainability to design and construction processes
- Demonstrate the link between project design and construction in achieving efficient and safe project outcomes and
- Evaluate, choose and communicate appropriate construction processes for an engineering project.
• Ability to undertake research and apply critical thought to formulate engineering solutions
• Potential for innovation and creativity
• Proficiency in report writing
• Capacity to summarise and present design concepts and outcomes
• Understanding of how to engage with and work constructively and productively in an integrated multi-disciplinary team to achieve mutually agreed outcomes in a constrained time frame.
Last updated: 2 December 2019