|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject aims to introduce students to research in the field of oral health sciences. Through engaging with current research in the field, students will learn about major advances and research gaps in oral health sciences and be exposed to a range of research approaches. Students will develop their understanding of research design and skills in critical evaluation and scientific communication.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Critically assess and effectively summarise published research in an area of oral health.
- Articulate the scientific and technical basis of advanced techniques in oral health research.
- Defend the importance of applying intellectual integrity and ethical principles in the conduct of research with animals and humans.
- Develop skills in scientific writing.
- Critically evaluate scientific data, including manuscripts.
You should expect to develop skills in the following areas:
- critical analysis and decision making;
- seek and retrieve relevant information;
- work effectively in a team environment;
- planning and organisation;
- problem solving;
- time management;
- extended observation;
- oral and written communication.
Last updated: 6 December 2023