|Year of offer||Not available in 2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 2|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Based in Skinner Releasing Technique supported with fundamental anatomical and neuromuscular patterning information Body Works uses imagery and hands on tactile studies to foster a deeper kinaesthetic experience of movement. Students are guided through an embodiment process toward physical balance and creativity. Suitable for beginners and experienced movers, Skinner Releasing Technique can be beneficial to professional dancers, actors, musicians, artists of all kinds and all people interested in moving with ease. It can enhance any movement style and any activity. Classes include imagery as a powerful tool for transformation. Part of the class involves hands-on partner studies (partner graphics), where you can fell yourself letting go of habitual holding patterns. Connecting your physicality with your imagination, you find an empowered self, much greater than the sum of its parts.
Intended learning outcomes
- Use of imagery to attain embodiment.
- Use of tactile aid and partner graphics to let go of habitual holding patterns.
- Balance through the weight bearing joints.
- Sense ease in movement and organisation of the body around the central axis.
- Understand anatomical body patterns that support core stabilisation and axial length.
- Move with minimum effort and maximum ease.