Semester 1 (Extended)
|Fees||Look up fees|
In this subject, students apply their developing knowledge and skills to roles on VCA productions that relate to at least one of their chosen specialisations. Students will deepen their understanding, experience and confidence by contributing to the production process and preparing for future roles with greater responsibility. The subject will include academic skills in reflective writing and industry appropriate project reporting.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- demonstrate a production role requiring technical and collaborative skills in the creation and realisation of live performance;
- implement the roles, responsibilities and processes necessary in the production of live performance;
- apply safe work and best practices in technical theatre;
- apply the creative processes and technical skills employed by a theatre practitioner in the realisation of live performance in a production environment;
- demonstrate communicative and cooperative skills to collaborate effectively with theatre makers and production departments at an introductory level;
- generate industry standard documentation relevant to an assigned production role;
- reflect on the process and output of a placement and articulate insights gained from the experience relevant to an assigned production role.
Last updated: 13 November 2023