|Year of offer||2017|
|Subject level||Exchange (Level 2)|
January - Online
August - Online
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
In the ever-changing environment of global business, firms start and grow by virtue of successful negotiations about deals and contracts between the parties involved. In business, such relationships may break down because of ineffective negotiating behaviour. Such breakdowns may also happen because of misunderstandings and incorrect perceptions of the other party’s positions and interests. In this course, students will learn multinational business negotiating skills and strategies to help them avoid such relationship breakdowns. Specifically, students will acquire knowledge of the concepts, processes, strategies, and ethical issues related to negotiation as well as appropriate conduct in multicultural business contexts.
Intended learning outcomes
On the completion of the course, students shall be able to:
- Understand the impact of cultural differences negotiating styles, strategies and behaviour.
- Develop skills to negotiate successful business contracts across cultures.
- Be able to manage and resolve business disputes through direct and mediated negotiations.
- Learn about the Alternative Dispute Resolution Model.
- Understand the importance of cross cultural communication in negotiation.
- Be able to use information technology in negotiation.
- Understand the ethical issues concerning negotiation.
- Basic business negotiation research.