To learn more, visit 2023 Course and subject delivery.
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject focuses on current and emerging issues in enhancing teacher quality and quality teaching in educational settings. It will investigate the leadership capabilities necessary to create an effective environment to enhance student learning and success through developing and improving the performance of teachers and leaders. It covers the personal and organisational issues of managing change, providing strategic interventions to enhance performance, and building personal, professional, and organisational capacity. It explores how leaders put into place the philosophy, policies, processes, and practices necessary to improve teacher quality and performance such as induction, talent management, professional learning, teacher performance, teacher motivation and job satisfaction. The subject reflects a national standards framework for teaching and learning and draws on national and international research concerning teacher quality. This subject aligns with the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership National Professional Standard for Principals.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Understand, critical analyse, and research the current issues, complexities and future challenges necessary to ensure quality teaching and effective leadership in education
- Demonstrate an understanding and apply leadership capabilities, policies, processes and practices necessary to ensure high performance in teaching and learning
- Understand, analyse and evaluate the impact of teacher quality policy and strategy on planning, employment, professional learning and effective work relationships and practices
- Understand, apply, analyse and evaluate key processes in the managing of talent, professional learning, teacher performance, and teacher motivation
- Critical thinking and reasoning
- Problem solving
- Evidence based decision making
- Creativity and innovation
- Teamwork and professional collaboration
- Self-reflection, career awareness and lifelong learning
Last updated: 29 August 2023