Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Semester 1 - Online
Semester 2 - Online
Semester 2 - On Campus
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject involves students undertaking a substantial project requiring an independent investigation of a topic that they regard as directly related to their own professional practice and/or within their area of specialisation. Students will draw on theory, knowledge and skills developed through their degree to design and complete their professional capstone project. The project can be a:
- workplace investigation negotiated by the student with the relevant host organisation;
- theoretical or explorative study; or
- research project involving secondary data analyses.
Note that students will not be allowed to undertake any project that involves the collection of primary data that requires Human Research Ethics Approval.
Students will demonstrate their ability to define a problem, review relevant theoretical and practical literature, design an approach and apply it to their defined problem. Students will present their scholarly findings in a conference presentation format (designed for the subject) that facilitates peer learning and fosters professional alliances and networks.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Apply the knowledge and skills gained in other subjects to successfully investigate a substantially complex educational problem or issue directly related to their own professional practice and/or within their area of specialisation
- Critically analyse relevant and current theoretical and practical literature to inform the project's aims and approach
- Analyse and synthesise a range of conceptual and empirical materials to draw defensible conclusions
- Articulate their project findings in a scholarly manner to other professionals and the wider educational community through a conference paper and presentation
- Critical reasoning and thinking
- Application of theory to practice
- Problem solving
- Evidence based decision making
- Teamwork and professional collaboration
Last updated: 21 October 2021