|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject seeks to -
- Build a thorough understanding of the theoretical and conceptual basis upon which the practice of financial project analysis is built and its application to engineering
- Satisfy the practical needs of the engineering manager toward making informed financial decisions when involved in an engineering project
- Incorporate critical decision-making tools that engineering managers can bring to the task of making informed financial decisions.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students are expected to be able to:
- ILO 1 - Describe the behaviour of markets
- ILO 2 - Calculate and interpret elasticities
- ILO 3 - Estimate the cost of production and services
- ILO 4 - Optimally allocate scarce capital resources to projects
- ILO 5 - Estimate the financial health of organisations
- ILO 6 - Produce financial budgets.
Last updated: 27 November 2023