|Year of offer||2017|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Mode of delivery|
On Campus — Parkville
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject involves students undertaking professional work experience at a Host Organisation’s premises. Students will work under the supervision of both a member of academic staff and an external supervisor at the Host Organisation.
During the period of work experience, students will be introduced to workplace culture and be offered the opportunity to strengthen their employability. Students will undertake seminars covering topics that will include professional standards of behaviour and ethical conduct, working in teams, time management and workplace networking.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES (ILO)
At the end of this subject students should be able to:
- Describe the application of established engineering or information technology methods to complex problem solving design or project management;
- Demonstrate written and oral communication appropriate to the host organization and/or clients;
- Demonstrate professional use and management of information;
- Demonstrate orderly management of self, and professional conduct;
- Discuss the elements of effective team membership and team leadership observed in the workplace and compare these to the University setting.
- Application of established engineering or IT methods to complex engineering or IT problem solving.
- Application of systematic approaches to the conduct and management of engineering or IT projects.
- Ethical conduct and professional accountability.
- Effective oral and written communication in professional and lay domains.
- Professional use and management of information.
- Effective team membership and team leadership.