In First Half Year 2022, there will be three delivery modes for your subjects – Dual-Delivery, Online and On Campus.
Please refer to the return to campus page for more information.
Eligibility and requirements
Admission into or selection of one of the following:
- MC-BIOMENG Master of Biomedical Engineering
- MC-CHEMENG Master of Chemical Engineering
- MC-CIVENG Master of Civil Engineering
- MC-ELECENG Master of Electrical Engineering
- MC-ENVENG Master of Environmental Engineering
- MC-MECHENG Master of Mechanical Engineering
- MC-MTRNENG Master of Mechatronics Engineering
- MC-SOFTENG Master of Software Engineering
- MC-SPATENG Master of Spatial Engineering
- MC-IB Master of International Business
- One of the Master of Management suite programs
- MC-ENG - Master of Engineering (All specialisations except “with Business”)
- Admission into the MC-IT Master of Information Technology
- MC-IS Master of Information Systems
- Enterprise specialisation (formal) in the MC-BMEDSC Master of Biomedical Science
ENROLLING IN CIE
Please note it is not possible to self-enrol in CIP - all enrolments are by application. Entry to CIP is via an application process and places are subject to a quota. University staff will enrol successful applicants on conclusion of the approval process.
Selection will be subject to the submission of an online application form, including a recorded video response to two interview questions and will be based upon the quality of the interview responses demonstrating the student's verbal communication skills and potential to:
- add value to the program through your commitment and professionalism; and
- benefit from the CIP experience.
Applications will be assessed and approved students will be enrolled by University staff until the quota has been filled. Students should note that this is likely to occur well in advance of the start of semester.
Approved applications submitted after the quota has been filled will be placed on a waitlist. Additional places will be allocated to waitlisted applicants as they become available up to Week One. Please note that approved students who unenroll themselves will lose their place. Students who wish to be reinstated will be placed on a waitlist. Students whose applications are not approved will be notified by email.
If you are applying from the Faculty of Business and Economics, you may only apply to take CIP as a general elective and not as a replacement for a discipline specific elective. Please refer to the subject options listed in the Handbook for your program. If you are unsure about whether you have space for CIP, please arrange an online appointment with a course advisor at:
Tools to help you prepare for the interview are accessible via the application form.
HOW TO APPLY
To complete an application form, you will need to have prepared one short video recording your responses to two interview style questions. The video should be no more than 2 minutes in length. You will need to include your name and student Id in the video file name and save it in one of these formats: .mp4, .mpeg or .mov. For this reason, it will be easier to produce on a laptop rather than a mobile phone.
To access the application form, please click the following link:
|Code||Name||Teaching period||Credit Points|
|ENGR90021||Critical Communication for Engineers||
|ENGR90034||Creating Innovative Engineering||
|INFO90009||HCI Project (Advanced)||
|INFO90010||Technology Innovation Project||
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
The University of Melbourne is committed to providing students with reasonable adjustments to assessment and participation under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and the Assessment and Results Policy (MPF1326). Students are expected to meet the core participation requirements for their course. These can be viewed under Entry and Participation Requirements for the course outlines in the Handbook.
Further details on how to seek academic adjustments can be found on the Student Equity and Disability Support website: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Last updated: 25 November 2021