|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 1|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Through the study of multiculturalism in Australian society, this subject develops students' ability to use academic English language. The subject is specifically designed for students who require intensive attention to their academic writing development. Its primary focus is on developing students' ability to structure an academic paper. The subject targets sentence structure, use of linking devices, paragraph development and effective use of citations. A range of other academic abilities are also developed such as effective reading, participation in small group work and oral presentations.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- write academic assignments fluently, accurately and appropriately;
- evaluate sources and critically analyse academic texts;
- speak effectively in academic settings;
- actively engage in team work with other students enrolled in the subject;
- understand, discuss and analyse the development of Australia as a multicultural society;
- synthesise and organise material from spoken and written sources.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to synthesise and organise material from spoken and written sources;
- be more independent learners.