|Fees||Look up fees|
The focus of this studio subject is the development of both design thinking and dexterity with tools – specifically the generation and articulation of design possibilities through a series of studio based projects. Linking these investigations will be the theme of space in performance, which may be explored conceptually, metaphorically, structurally, or technologically – for example through an examination of the designed performance space and the found performance space, the use of scale in space, the potential for space to be ambiguous, the manipulation of space through the use of technology and the relationship of light and space. In all of these investigations, the student will be encouraged to think of space as a dramaturgical tool.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to interrogate and respond to a brief;
- demonstrate an ability to generate a variety of design possibilities for a given situation;
- employ a range of verbal and written communication skills in expressing design ideas;
- demonstrate an understanding of the role of space in performance;
- effectively make a case for practical design proposals.
Last updated: 15 February 2020