|Fees||Look up fees|
Screen Practice 1A provides students with an introduction to a broad suite of craft & production skills essential to filmmaking including pre-production, video production (camera & lighting), production management, EH&S and post-production techniques (editing and basic sound design). Students will take a leadership role (which might include writing, directing and/or editing) on two short exercises and will also crew for other students in areas such as camera, lighting, production management, continuity & assistant directing.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- practise filmmaking skills including direction of actors, cinematography, production management, assistant directing and other basic principles of filmmaking;
- demonstrate creativity and technical skills through film production exercises;
- utilise a broad range of communication methods and apply leadership skills to guide productions from concept to completion.
On completing this subject students will be able to:
• communicate in visual form;
• plan and organise their work and solve problems;
• lead a team and work collaboratively;
• apply practical knowledge to practical problems;
• begin to develop a set of flexible and transferable skills for different types of employment.
Last updated: 26 March 2020