|Fees||Look up fees|
Screen Practice 2A allows students to consolidate and grow the suite of craft & production skills learnt in Screen Practice 1A & B. They will refine their skills in the areas of pre-production, production (camera, lighting, sound/dialogue recording), production management, EH&S and post-production techniques (including a basic understanding of online editing & sound mixing). They will also enhance their visual storytelling skills. Students have the opportunity to write, direct & edit one short exercise and crew for other students in areas such as camera, lighting, production management, continuity & assistant directing.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Demonstrate enhanced film directing skills
- Apply further developed practical filmmaking skills including direction of actors, cinematography, production management, assistant directing and other fundamental principles of filmmaking
- Demonstrate an understand of the basic techniques used to record and edit dialogue
- Demonstrate development in their creativity and technical skills through production
- Advance their leadership skills to guide productions from concept to completion.
On completing this subject students will be able to:
- Communicate in visual form;
- Plan and organise their work and solve problems;
- Show increasing levels of initiative, leadership and collaboration;
- Apply practical and theoretical knowledge to problem solve both practically and creatively;
- Begin consolidating a set of flexible and transferable skills for different types of employment.
Last updated: 2 December 2019