|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 2|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject introduces students to key concepts and practices used by writers in the games industry. Through a series of workshops, students will be introduced to key gaming concepts and learn basic game development and writing skills. Student will also gain an understanding of the current gaming landscape and will be required to conceive and develop a concept for a gaming project and present it in the appropriate professional format.
Intended learning outcomes
The course will teach students:
- Key concepts and practices for writers in computer games industry
- Basic development and writing skills for computer games industry
- Knowledge of the current gaming landscape
- How to conceive and develop a concept for a gaming project and present it in the appropriate professional format.
The learning outcomes of this course will be:
- To give students greater understanding of key gaming concepts and the place of the writer within the games industry
- To introduce students to the process of games concept development
- To allow students to explore their ‘voice’ within a games format
- To broaden the students general knowledge of the games industry