|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject introduces students to the world of writing screen product for children, tweens and young teenagers with a focus on youth television. Through a series of workshops, presentations and screenings, students will gain insight into what makes successful kid’s programming and will develop an understanding of the current youth screen landscape, ie, what kids watch and how they are watching it. Students will be required to develop and write a script for the youth market and present it in the appropriate professional format.
Intended learning outcomes
- To introduce students to writing screen product for the youth market
- To introduce students to some fundamental elements of successful children’s programming
- To give students greater knowledge of the current youth screen landscape
- To introduce students how to the basic professional skills needed to develop and write a script for the youth market and present it in the appropriate format.
The learning outcomes of this course will be:
- To give students a greater understanding of the current youth screen market
- To introduce students to key concepts in writing for Children’s TV and other youth screen formats
- To allow students to explore their ‘voice’ within the parameters of writing for children
- To introduce students to the basic skills required to write professionally for the youth market
Last updated: 10 November 2019