|Fees||Look up fees|
Through a series of workshops, tutorials, studio work, networking events, screenings and self motivated writing periods, students in this subject will consolidate and advance already acquired professional skills and knowledge gained in Years 1 and 2 of the BFA (Screenwriting). Students will attend industry lectures and collaborate on FTV directing student productions in order to gain a wider understanding of screen industry practices. Students will be mentored by professional writers for their major work, and will also participate in peer driven critical feedback activities such as script readings.
Intended learning outcomes
On completing this subject students should be able to:
- write high quality, compelling professional screen product;
- engage with contemporary screenwriting practices;
- give and receive critical feedback on various types of screen product;
- exercise their 'voice' as a writer in a professional and accessible way;
- understand, and work within, a broader practical filmmaking process.
On completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Practice clear, effective writing
- Lead or collaborate on a research and writing task from concept to completion
- Work in an independently motivated way
- Engage with a process of researching, drafting and redrafting documents to a polished outcome
Last updated: 10 November 2019