|Year of offer||2019|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject is for Gender Studies Honours students only, but is only available in special circumstances and must be organised in advance with the Honours convenor.
This subject involves a supervised study of an area of scholarship chosen by the student in consultation with an appointed supervisor. A reading list will be agreed upon and discussed regularly during the semester as the reading proceeds. The subject should enhance the student's powers of independent inquiry, should encourage initiative in self-directed research, and should strengthen the student's capacities in theoretical analysis and argument.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should have:
- an increased capacity for independent inquiry;
- an enhanced capacity for taking the initiative in self-directed research; and
- an increased capacity for theoretical reflection and argument.
At the completion of this subject, students should gain the following generic skills:
- the ability to show an advanced understanding of the changing knowledge base in the specialist area;
- the ability to evaluate and synthesise the research and professional literature in the discipline; and
- an appreciation of the design, conduct and reporting of original research.