|Look up fees
In this subject, students further extend their competencies in writing, reading, speaking and listening by engaging with authentic texts on the theme of “Revolution”. We explore key revolutionary moments in German-speaking societies through contemporary and historical texts, such as songs, speeches, poetry, art and television programs. Students will continue to communicate at a more sophisticated level, developing structures and vocabulary that enable them to express their sensitivity to broader social and cultural themes and their impact upon contemporary German-speaking societies. Students will achieve a moderate level of complexity in speaking, aural comprehension, reading and writing of German and a familiarity with key historical moments in German-speaking societies in the modern era.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Read more sophisticated texts and to practice and augment accurate writing skills
- Use a wider range of vocabulary about people and places including language about historical and contemporary themes; use more complex grammatical structures including a greater range of tenses, cases and modes
- Comprehend more complex spoken German and express themselves about historical and political themes
- Develop an increased awareness of cultural and historical contexts in German-speaking societies
- Synthesise information and present orally on themes from German history.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- Have acquired time management and planning skills through managing and organising workloads
- Have developed analytical skills, learning strategies and the ability to process, organise and integrate information
- Be able to utilise online tools to improve their comprehension and expression in German, while understanding how to manage academic integrity within the online environment.
Last updated: 20 February 2024