Semester 1 - Online
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject focuses on advanced modern literary texts, including study of contemporary Hebrew writers in prose and poetry, modern conversational idiom, and newspaper and academic articles. Students further extend their competencies in writing, reading, speaking and listening by engaging with authentic texts and situations. In this subject, Students will engage with authentic texts that deal with past and present themes of increasing complexity and that are of significance to Israeli and Jewish Culture. Students also acquire advanced linguistic structures that allow them to express with greater complexity their own experiences, aspirations and views.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject should be able to:
- Acquire knowledge of advanced literary texts in Hebrew
- Further develop their reading skills and understanding of advanced scientific and academic articles and essays, enriching their knowledge of the modern idiom written and spoken in Israel today
- Use a range of vocabulary relating to contemporary Israeli and Hebrew culture and be familiar with particular and specialised terms and vocabulary relating to important literary, linguistic and cultural aspects of Hebrew culture and Israeli society
- Deploy more complex linguistic structures to speak and write about events in the past from different perspectives and express opinions, ambitions and intentions
- Interpret and analyse texts and genres of a moderate level of complexity
- Develop a proficiency in writing Hebrew of a moderate complexity and using analytical language on cultural and literary topics.
Last updated: 21 November 2023