|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 2|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Students enrolled in this subject will be assisted to find a placement in a professional Urban Horticulture (or related field) working environment. They will work for approximately 120 hours under the guidance of a senior staff industry member, with additional support from the subject co-ordinator. A series of workshops will focus on human resource practices and business operations. The placement will enable students to apply, in a practical environment, skills developed in their other coursework units. Students will thus gain direct exposure to professional practice in their chosen field. The internship may be undertaken as a practicum at the student’s workplace if appropriate.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion students of this subject will have:
- acquired a knowledge of the conditions, cultures, human resource and business practices of workplaces;
- gained practical vocational experience in an industry setting;
- applied professional concepts, frameworks and techniques in a vocational setting;
- gained significant insight into the complexities of professional decision making; and
- developed a capacity to critically evaluate their experience and to share their findings through written and oral reports.