Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Semester 1 - Online
Semester 2 - Dual-Delivery
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject focuses on business analysis from the context of digital technologies. It introduces modern business analysis techniques, including a selection of those in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), and exemplifies them by means of digital technologies applied to solve problems or exploit new business opportunities. It also includes in-depth case studies in which business problems and opportunities, drawn from real-world scenarios, are mapped to digital solutions. The work is summarised in seven guiding principles that should be followed by every business analyst.
Topics include methods, techniques and tools for requirements elicitation, business analysis planning and monitoring, stakeholders engagement planning, business needs identification, business process identification and modelling, change strategy definition, and the design, delivery and evaluation of information systems solutions to business problems.
Examples of projects that students complete are:
- A report focussing on the information gathering and modelling of a business problem.
- A comprehensive report covering all aspects related to the analysis of a business problem and the design, delivery and evaluation of an information systems solution to this problem.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject the student is expected to:
- Describe and apply requirements gathering techniques
- Use appropriate modelling techniques to best understand a business context and need for an information system
- Acquire conceptual, abstraction and analytical skills to design and analyse business problems
- Understand and demonstrate how to effectively document information systems solutions to business problems
On completion of this subject, students should have developed the following generic skills:
- Analytical thinking
- Abstraction and conceptualisation skills
- Report writing skills
- Enhanced ability to work in a team
Last updated: 5 September 2021