|Year of offer||2017|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Mode of delivery|
On Campus — Parkville
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This elective subject will be delivered in collaboration with industry partners. This subject will provide students with the opportunity to engage in practical workplace based learning. Specifically, students will be placed within an ‘internship’ which provides the opportunity to engage in industry focused course work and apply academic learning theory in a practical workplace setting.
ISYS90082 Industry Based IT Experience Project is of year-long duration, students may commence in either Semester 1 or Semester 2 and continue their enrolment in the consecutive semester. Students completing this subject will receive 25 points credit in total.
The subject will also allow students to work under the guidance and mentorship of experienced ICT professionals. Students will be introduced to the Australian workplace culture and be offered the opportunity to strengthen their graduate employability skills.
This subject is designed to establish a platform for lifelong graduate ICT employability skills.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs)
On completion of this subject the student is expected to:
- Understand how to operate within the Australian workplace culture (through the preparatory lectures, webinars and internship experience)
- Understand how to apply their knowledge from their academic courses (though the project work and internship experience)
- Have enhanced their own employability skills (through the internship experience)
- understand how to work effectively as an individual and within a team in the Australian workplace (work based project report)
- Have developed an E-portfolio demonstrating and outlining their own specific graduate capabilities. The E-portfolio is part of a personal digital learning environment that challenges each student to think about the IT skills for the workplace and their own competencies. (Individual Eportfolio)
- Be able to demonstrate short to medium term ICT career planning (Individual Eportfolio)
Upon completion of this subject you should have developed the following generic skills:
- Apply academic skills within a IT/IS Industry workplace context
- Apply theory to practice within the IT/IS internship environment
- Prepare a written report based on their IT/IS internship experience
- Achieve strong learning outcomes within a collaborative team environment
- Formulate and articulate short to medium term career plans