|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject continues its focus on the spoken and written language and culture of present day Italy. Students will undertake regular activities in order to further develop their linguistic and cultural skills. They will also participate in regular conversation practice for the purpose of reinforcing their command of current idiomatic Italian to a higher standard. Students will expand their knowledge of contemporary Italian culture and language, through a critical analysis of a variety of texts and documents (including films, music, mass media and literature). By the end of the subject, students should have further improved their written production skills and should be able to express themselves with fluency on most topics.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to interpret and analyse a variety of text types, as well as cultural practices, in Italian, directly relevant to Italian-speaking social and cultural contexts;
- have strengthened one's capacity in using linguistic structures and resources, relating to specific literary, linguistic and cultural aspects of Italian-speaking communities, in order to communicate effectively in Italian both in writing and speaking;
- have expanded research skills appropriate to task to allow for extended analysis and interpretation;
- have developed an increasing understanding of the diversity of Italian language and culture;
- have developed an increasing ability to compare and contrast linguistic and cultural similarities and differences between Italian language and culture and other languages and cultures;
- have expanded the application of learning techniques across tasks and contexts to consolidate knowledge, and ability in relation to Italian language and culture;
- be able to work in an effective manner in an Italian-speaking context both individually and cooperatively in and out of the classroom setting.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- have an understanding of social, political, historical and cultural contexts and international awareness of the world;
- be able to communicate knowledge intelligibly and economically: through essay and assignment writing, tutorial discussion and class presentations;
- have improved analytical skills through essay and assignment preparation and writing.
Last updated: 14 December 2019