Dates & times
- Semester 1
Coordinator Vita Giordano Mode of delivery On Campus (Parkville) Contact hours 36 hours: 1 x 2 hour seminar per week and 1 x 1 hour conversation class per week. Total time commitment 170 hours Teaching period 26 February 2024 to 26 May 2024 Last self-enrol date 8 March 2024 Census date 3 April 2024 Last date to withdraw without fail 3 May 2024 Assessment period ends 21 June 2024
Semester 1 contact information
Time commitment details
What do these dates mean
Visit this webpage to find out about these key dates, including how they impact on:
- Your tuition fees, academic transcript and statements.
- And for Commonwealth Supported students, your:
- Student Learning Entitlement. This applies to all students enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP).
- Completion rate. Students who started their course from 2022 and are in a CSP or receiving a HELP Loan (eg FEE-HELP) must meet the completion rate to continue to receive Commonwealth Support for that course.
Subjects withdrawn after the census date (including up to the ‘last day to withdraw without fail’) count toward the Student Learning Entitlement, and as a fail toward the completion rate, unless there are approved ‘special circumstances’.
Additional delivery details
Entry to this subject can be met through:
- completion of Italian 8; or
Please note: All students enrolling in Italian at The University of Melbourne for the first time, must have a result at least equivalent to Italian 8 from the online Italian Language Placement Test in order to enrol in this subject.
This applies to all students, including total beginners and those who have experience with the language, whether through formal study, such as VCE or equivalent, or informally through family or overseas travel. The results of the test are binding and enrolment can only be changed in consultation with the relevant course coordinator.
Last updated: 22 November 2023