|Year of offer||Not available in 2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
A survey of the law governing employment and human resource management, in a policy context.
This subject includes analysis of:
- Recruitment and contract formation;
- Employment standards such as wages and leave entitlements;
- Bullying at work;
- Collective bargaining; and
- Performance management and dismissal.
Intended learning outcomes
A student who has successfully completed the subject should have:
- Acquired a general knowledge of the law that governs employment and human resource management;
- Obtained an understanding of key aspects of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and the main case law interpreting those parts of the Act;
- Obtained an understanding of anti-discrimination legislation and work health and safety statutes; and
- Acquired specialised knowledge in key areas of employment law of relevance to policy debates in the field.
Last updated: 12 December 2018