|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject entails an original supervised research project on a topic approved by the Honours coordinator.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- Have completed supervised research on an advanced topic in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
- Have prepared a poster of the results of their research
- Have completed a thesis of 15,000 words on their research
- Be able to write a sustained piece of original argumentation
- Be able to survey an area of knowledge, taking into account all relevant literature on the topic.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- Be able to plan, carry through and write up an original piece of research
- Be able to understand the way in which broader issues translate into particular testable questions
- Be able to write clearly and incisively about complex technical issues in the field.
Last updated: 10 November 2023