|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject provides a strategic understanding of, and practical skills to plan and implement, integrated marketing communications campaigns across a range of media platforms from print to broadcast to social media. It investigates the changing relationship between marketing, advertising and public relations in the context of the emergence of a ‘post-convergence’ media-sphere, and explores the new opportunities and dynamics of social media as a marketing tool. This subject teaches students practical skills in working with the media in developing campaigns, including campaign planning, media liaison, media planning and buying, campaign evaluation and understanding audience research. It also examines the ethical and legal aspects of convergence on the professional practice of marketing communications.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject should:
- [LO1] develop a thorough understanding of how different media platforms function as marketing and communication tools;
- [LO2] learn to deploy methodologies to analyse how integrated media campaigns work; and
- [LO3] develop practical skills in the design and implementation of integrated media campaigns.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- demonstrate competence in advanced library searches and information retrieval;
- demonstrate proficiency in the application of selected methods of analysis; and
- demonstrate conformity to academic protocols of presentation and research procedures.
Last updated: 29 April 2020