Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Summer Term - Online
Semester 1 - Dual-Delivery
Semester 2 - Dual-Delivery
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will provide an introduction to basic individual and group processes, as they affect people in organisations. Major theories and models in key areas of organisational behaviour will be examined; including group dynamics, motivation, stress, communication, conflict, power, strategy, structure and change management. Tutorials will emphasise the application of theories, through the use of exercises and case studies.
Intended learning outcomes
- Describe the basic theories & models within organisational behaviour.
- Apply major theories and models from the field of organisational behaviour to analyse organisational problems and generate realistic solutions & recommendations, as presented in case studies.
- Summarise and evaluate recent academic research and findings on a specified topic in organisational behaviour.
- Describe practical application of theories and concepts in team work assignment.
- Identify and critique management approaches in the field and collaboratively develop alternative models of practice.
- Solve problems of management practice.
- Analyse team dynamics.
In this subject you will have the opportunity to develop important generic skills:
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking skills will be fostered in the tutorial/workshop program and more directly within the team assignment where students have to apply theoretical material to a practical case study.
- Collaborative learning and team-work skills will be developed by working in a permanent, semester-long, student team for the case study. Team-work skills will also be fostered through exercises, role plays, and simulations that are incorporated into the tutorial program.
- Verbal and written communication skills will be developed via the individual and team assignments and through the experience of working in a team for the whole semester. The interactive nature of the tutorial/workshop program will also, indirectly, help to improve communication skills.
Last updated: 11 May 2021