|Look up fees
Organisations are constantly striving to build advantages so as to attract customers, funding and employees. This subject examines the impact of competitive dynamics and industry evolution, and the strategic choices managers face around market positioning and collaborating in ecosystems. Particular attention is paid to the roles of strategic human resource management, emergent strategy and organisational change.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Identify and analyse relevant information to evaluate the competitive environment faced by organisations
- Recognise and assess the wide range of strategy choices faced by organisations
- Examine the roles of strategic human resource management, emergent strategy and organisational change in shaping competitive advantage
- Apply the learnings to real-world cases and situations
- High level of development: oral communication; written communication; problem solving; application of theory to practice; interpretation and analysis; critical thinking; synthesis of data and other information; evaluation of data and other information; accessing data and other information from a range of sources; receptiveness to alternative ideas.
- Moderate level of development: collaborative learning; team work; statistical reasoning.
Last updated: 20 February 2024