|Year of offer||2018|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Risk management is a key business activity that impacts the full range of organisational activities and functional areas across the enterprise. This subject surveys a spectrum of business risks from operational to strategic risks. It provides a foundation in enterprise risk management principles, tools and techniques such as risk scenario planning.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Analyse the need for risk management and explain how risk management influences business decisions;
- Prepare risk management documentation;
- Describe and evaluate risks of different types;
- Interpret and analyse business situations utilising a risk management framework to assess impact on the enterprise and recommend an appropriate response.
On successful completion of this subject, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Oral and written communication;
- Collaborative learning and team work;
- Interpretation and analysis of real-world cases;
- Problem solving.