|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 2|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject will provide an overview of the ways that music can be used to promote physical health and healthy behaviours for a range of people. Topics covered will include music for expression, relaxation, anxiety reduction and communication. Students will be involved in experiential activities underpinned by theoretical knowledge. They will also contribute to weekly web-based discussion that furthers understanding of topics covered in class.
Intended learning outcomes
- critically appraise on the relationship between music and health;
- identify areas for musical development outside the technique / competency spectrum;
- skills in using music to reduce anxiety and improve communication in others.
On completion of this subject students should have:
- greater awareness of healthy behaviours for life;
- improved non-verbal communication skills enhanced capacity to consider subjective and objective;
- aspects of life experiences.