|Year of offer||2018|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 2|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject introduces the basics of making music for advertising including, the jingle, sound as persuasion, working to a brief and in a collective, the function of music in advertising and creating music for mass media and multimedia. Creating music for advertising is delivered in two parts: lecture and workshop. Lecture is taught in a large group format and will illuminate the fundamental principles of the use of music in advertising. Workshop is a practical class and provides the opportunity for problem solving through the completion of short assignments and group discussion of issues related to creating music for advertising. During the course students will be required to complete individual tasks and engage in whole group discussion.
Intended learning outcomes
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of the nature of creating music for advertising.
- Be cognisant of the key elements of creating music for advertising.
- Develop an appreciation of the music in advertising development process in a group environment.
On completing this subject students will:
- be critical and creative thinkers, with an aptitude for continued self-directed learning;
- be adept at learning in a range of ways, including through information and communication technologies;
- expand their analytical and cognitive skills through learning experiences in diverse subjects;
- have the capacity to participate fully in collaborative learning and to confront unfamiliar problems.