|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject introduces the basics of sound recording on a laptop computer. Aspects of sound recording including microphone use, recording set up, editing and production will be examined. The Laptop Recording Studio is delivered in two parts: lecture and workshop. Lecture is taught in a large group format and will illuminate the fundamental principles of laptop studio recording. Workshop is a practical class and provides the opportunity for problem solving through the completion of short assignments and group discussion of issues related to laptop studio recording. During the course students will be required to complete individual tasks and engage in whole group discussion.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should:
- develop an appreciation and understanding of the nature of sound recording;
- be cognisant of the key elements of lap top sound recording;
- be able to connect creative skill development with actual lap top recording tasks.
On completing this subject students will:
- be critical and creative thinkers, with an aptitude for continued self-directed learning;
- be adept at learning in a range of ways, including through information and communication technologies;
- expand their analytical and cognitive skills through learning experiences in diverse subjects;
- have the capacity to participate fully in collaborative learning and to confront unfamiliar problems.
Last updated: 25 January 2020